forestrynoun [ U ]uk /ˈfɒr.ɪ.stri/ us /ˈfɔːr.ə.stri/
Examples from literature
- From a forestry viewpoint, the black walnut is a good tree to plant.
- Germany still leads as one of the most prominent countries that practices efficient forestry.
- Japan, on the other hand, handles her forests efficiently and has established a national forestry school.
- The science of forestry and economic methods of lumbering are fairly well understood in Canada.
- These lands were more useful for farming or grazing than for forestry.