forgiveverb [ I or T, not continuous ]uk /fəˈɡɪv/ us /fɚˈɡɪv/ forgave, forgiven
I've never found it easy to forgive and forget (= to behave as if something wrong had never happened).
forgive me B2 formal
- "Please, please forgive me!" she begged (him).
- Don't worry. He forgives people very easily.
- She could not forgive his many infidelities.
- He still hasn't forgiven me for what I did.
- He forgave his brother for breaking the window.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: