forknoun [C]uk /fɔːk/ us /fɔːrk/
fork noun [C] (FOOD)
- She prodded the cake with her fork to see if it was cooked.
- Prick the skin of the potatoes with a fork before baking them.
- You'll find the knives and forks in the left-hand drawer.
- He prodded at the fish with his fork a few times, but he didn't eat a mouthful.
- Your table manners are appalling - don't you know how to use a knife and fork?
fork noun [C] (GARDEN)
fork noun [C] (DIVISION)
forkverbuk /fɔːk/ us /fɔːrk/
fork verb (DIVIDE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: