formulanounuk /ˈfɔː.mjʊ.lə/ us /ˈfɔːr-/ (plural formulas or formulae )
formula noun (METHOD/RULE)
- What's the formula for converting pounds into kilos?
- The director has found a winning formula with this film.
- The formula for calculating the cost of each carpet can be found at the back of the catalogue.
- The song-writing duo have stuck rigidly to the successful formula they established with their first hit.
- Different formulae are used to work out the efficiency of these machines.
formula noun (IN CHEMISTRY)