fortune tellernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɔː.tʃuːn ˌtel.ər/ us /ˈfɔːr.tʃuːn ˌtel.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- An astonishing number of them consult palmists, soothsayers, and fortune tellers.
- Every fortune teller I ever saw told me that no one understood me.
- Had another fortune teller tell his fortune.
- We worked along the hill up to where the fortune teller had said the money was.
- What if he's gone and cut himself badly, always digging and making holes in the ground, since that silly old fortune teller said he would find a mine on the farm.