forwarding addressnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˈfɔː.wə.dɪŋ əˌdres/ us /ˈfɔːr.wɚ.dɪŋ ˌæd.res/
Examples from literature
- He had left that as his forwarding address, the hotel clerk said.
- If I may ask, please send me your forwarding address.
- No. She didn't even leave a forwarding address for her mail.
- Nor could I get in touch with him because he had a six-week interim vacation and planned a long, slow jaunt through Yellowstone, with neither schedule nor forwarding addresses.
- Of course this proved nothing, for Jerry might have been using his bank for a forwarding address, but the little I knew fitted surprisingly well with my own guesses as to Jerry's destiny.