found verb (FIND)
› past simple and past participle of find
found verb (BEGIN)
- She left a large sum of money in her will to found a wildlife sanctuary.
- He used the money to found an internet business.
- Milton Keynes is a new town which was founded in 1967.
- Rome was founded in the eighth century BC .
- He played a vital role in founding the charity.
found verb (BUILD)
- A lot of the criticism of her is founded on jealousy.
- The whole theory was founded on a mistaken belief.
found verb (BASE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words