foundationnounuk /faʊnˈdeɪ.ʃən/ us /faʊnˈdeɪ.ʃən/
foundation noun (BEGIN)
- I stand corrected - the date of foundation was 1411, and not 1412 as I had written.
- The foundation of the company marks an exciting time in information technology.
- He applied for a grant from the Rowntree Foundation.
- The ceremony will mark the anniversary of the foundation of the hospital.
- The foundation was promised a 7% increase to bring its appropriations to $2.07 billion.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
foundation noun (BUILDING)
foundation noun (UNTRUE)
foundation noun (MAKE-UP)