fox terriernoun [ C ]uk /ˌfɒks ˈter.i.ər/ us /ˌfɑːks ˈter.i.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- About as big as a fox terrier, and just as snappy.
- He dodged around my question like a fox terrier round a fence, until I gave him up in despair.
- He opened his hands and there lay the tiniest morsel of a fox terrier puppy that I ever saw.
- It is the custom to cut the ends of fox terrier's tails, but leave their ears untouched.
- The fox terrier and the black and tan are excellent dogs for this sort of work.