freesianoun [ C ]uk /ˈfriː.ʒə/ us /ˈfriː.ʒə/
Examples from literature
- Freesia.—This elegant and delicately perfumed flower is annually raised in large numbers from seed.
- Freesias may be potted six or more in a pot of mellow soil, and then started into growth at once.
- She bowed her face over the flowers—the freesias so sweet and spring-like, the scarlet anemones flaunting over the table.
- The white or yellowish bell-shaped flowers of freesia are produced on slender stalks just above the foliage, to the number of six to eight in a cluster.
- There was a bowl of freesias and scarlet anemones on the table.