Frenchmannoun [ C ]uk /ˈfrentʃ.mən/ us /ˈfrentʃ.mən/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
› a man from France
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A Frenchman travelling in Italy finds almost everything superstitious, and is hardly mistaken.
- Let it be Paris, then! said the Frenchman, as though he were speaking of an unknown city.
- The Frenchman shrugged his shoulders.
- There was no mistaking the eager triumph in the Frenchman's pale face.
- Victory in France for France could never mean to an Englishman what it meant to a Frenchman.