Frenchwomannoun [ C ]uk /ˈfrentʃˌwʊm.ən/ us /ˈfrentʃˌwʊm.ən/ plural -women uk /-wɪmɪn/ us
› a woman from France
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He was like wax in the hands of the fiery Frenchwoman, and she moulded him to her will.
- She was not a Frenchwoman, and she was uncomfortably conscious of it.
- She was the first Frenchwoman I had ever met, and I was tremendously interested in her.
- The Frenchwoman looked at her with a curious stare.
- The milliner to whom we went proved to be a Frenchwoman.