fretworknoun [ U ]uk /ˈfret.wɜːk/ us /ˈfret.wɝːk/
Examples from literature
- His delicate fretwork tea-tables are a delight, with their fretwork cupboards and carving.
- Since I saw the above I have examined hundreds of these swords, but have never been able to discover how the gold plates were inlaid in the fretwork.
- The spire is of open fretwork, and the sun shines through it.
- There was no mistaking the gold-lined fretwork cut in the thickness of the blade.
- There were splendid pillars of teak, marble tigers and marble fretwork beneath, with much glittering colouring around.