Examples from literature
- Also that the ligaments which held the body—or rather skeleton—together were brittle and friable, as suggested by the detached hand, which had probably broken off accidentally.
- The cliffs themselves are built of volcanic sands and ashes, and many of the strata are exceedingly light and friable.
- The friable rock forming the spires and towers and pinnacles crumbles away under a slight pressure.
- The soil in the fields had a loose, friable appearance that reminded me of the farming lands around Cleveland, Ohio.
- The soil should be in a friable condition.