fruit saladnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌfruːt ˈsæl.əd/ us /ˌfruːt ˈsæl.əd/
Examples from literature
- About all I knew how to make when we came to Green Valley was fudge, fruit salad and toasted marshmallows.
- At less formal dinners the sweet dessert may be omitted, and cheese and hard crackers, a fruit salad, or toasted wafers and coffee may be substituted.
- Bananas combine well with any other fruit and, being the least expensive fruit, may be used as the basis of fruit salads.
- He made pancakes and cut up pears and peaches and apples and bananas for fruit salad.
- When new figs are seasonable, they may be used in fruit salads to take the place of the honey.