frying pannoun [ C ]uk /ˈfraɪ.ɪŋ ˌpæn / us /ˈfraɪ.ɪŋ ˌpæn / US also skillet
Examples from literature
- Fry by spoonfuls on hot greased griddle or iron frying pan.
- Have ready in a frying pan a dozen onions cut in slices and fried brown in a little beef drippings or butter.
- Into the frying pan put a large spoonful of butter, one or two cupfuls of milk, and any gravy that may be left over.
- Place the oysters in a hot frying pan and brown on both sides lightly.
- To do this correctly, a thick bottomed frying pan should be used.