funds C1 [ plural ]
- The fund provides money to clean up chemically polluted industrial sites.
- Her family have contributed £50, 000 to the fund.
- To ensure security the investment fund has holdings in many companies.
- They've set up a fund for victims of the earthquake.
- This national fund pays for welfare benefits such as unemployment and sickness pay.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
fundverb [ T ]uk /fʌnd/ us /fʌnd/
- We'll need accurate costings before we can agree to fund the scheme.
- Chissano said Western governments should stump up the cash to fund land redistribution.
- The Channel Tunnel was jointly funded by the French and British.
- The project is being held in abeyance until agreement is reached on funding it.
- He funds his extravagant lifestyle by developing property.