› like a fungus
Examples from literature
- I look and note that the horrid wound is larger, much larger, and seems to have a whitish, fungoid appearance.
- It is brought about through the action of a minute fungoid plant.
- The most prominent symptom was the appearance of a white fungoid growth in patches upon the exterior of the fish.
- There were some that had no appreciable scent beyond a vague fungoid flavour, more or less common to all.
- Yeast is a fungoid growth, a microscopic plant capable of starting a fermentation in various substances.