furious adjective (ANGRY)
I was late and he was furious with me.
He's furious about/at the way he's been treated.
- They were furious when one of their best managers was poached by another company.
- She was furious, and with reason.
- I was expecting him to be furious but he was very restrained.
- He was so furious about the accusations in the letter that he threatened to sue.
- In a furious tirade of abuse, the opposition spokesperson demanded the minister's resignation.
furious adjective (STRONG)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ U ] uk /ˈfjʊə.ri.əs.nəs/ us /ˈfjʊr.i.əs.nəs/