gamekeepernoun [ C ]uk /ˈɡeɪmˌkiː.pər/ us /ˈɡeɪmˌkiː.pɚ/
Examples from literature
- Each manor may have only one gamekeeper allowed to kill game such as hare, pheasant, partridge and only for his household's use.
- He laid his snares accordingly overnight, but they were discovered, and taken away by the gamekeeper of the gentleman to whom the ground belonged.
- I have already had to intercede for him with the gamekeeper.
- One day he was fishing with another boy when a gamekeeper suddenly darted forth from a thicket.
- There are no houses near, and no people in it except a few gamekeepers: I spent long days in it without meeting a human being.