generateverb [ T ]uk /ˈdʒen.ə.reɪt/ us /ˈdʒen.ə.reɪt/
generate verb [ T ] (CREATE)
- The proposed tidal barrage would generate enough electricity to supply between 60,000 and 80,000 homes.
- The ecological effects of the factory need to be balanced against the employment it generates.
- The publicity generated by the court case has given a welcome boost to our sales.
- Her latest film has generated a lot of interest.
- Surveyors say the fault line is capable of generating a major earthquake once in a hundred years.
generate verb [ T ] (MAKE ENERGY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: