generousadjectiveuk /ˈdʒen.ər.əs/ us /-ɚ-/
generous adjective (CHARACTER)
- The public's response to the crisis appeal was generous and compassionate.
- His mother is one generous woman.
- John Herschel was an urbane, kindly and generous man.
- She's a really sweet person and she's generous to a fault.
- The charity will go under unless a generous donor can be found within the next few months.
generous adjective (SIZE)
- The star has generously agreed to donate all the proceeds to charity.
- She behaved very generously towards us, and wouldn't allow us to pay for anything.
- I don't know why you tipped the waitress so generously, when service was included in the bill.
- The company compensated its customers generously for the loss they had suffered.
- The people of the town filled the collection boxes most generously.