gentlemannoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʒen.təl.mən/ us /ˈdʒen.t̬əl.mən/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
Ladies and gentlemen, the show is about to begin.
Excuse me, this gentleman has a question for you.
He was a perfect gentleman.
- He was the embodiment of the English gentleman.
- It's the mark of a gentleman to stand up when someone enters the room.
- I am not personally acquainted with the gentleman in question.
- Ladies and gentlemen, air-traffic control has now cleared the plane for take-off.
- Shall we let the meeting commence, gentlemen?