He's a very genuine person.
- He has demonstrated a genuine interest in the project.
- A number of forged works of art have been sold as genuine.
- In an indiscreet moment, the president let his genuine opinions be known.
- The police are trying to sift out the genuine warnings from all the hoax calls they have received.
- I'm not surprised the offer wasn't genuine, it sounded too good to be true.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˈdʒen.ju.ɪn.li/ us /ˈdʒen.ju.ɪn.li/
- Most politicians genuinely believe they are incorruptible.
- He is genuinely motivated by a desire to help people.
- He made all the right noises about my audition but I couldn't tell if he was genuinely impressed.
- Most of the unemployed are not work-shy and genuinely do want jobs.
- She was genuinely pleased when he arrived.
I'm genuinely sorry for what I said.
noun [ U ] uk /ˈdʒen.ju.ɪn.nəs/ us /ˈdʒen.ju.ɪn.nəs/