get sth back
— phrasal verb with get uk /ɡet/ us /ɡet/ verb present participle getting, past tense got, past participle got or US usually gotten
B1 to be given something again that you had before:
- You'll get your deposit back when you return the keys.
- It was an opportunity for John to get his confidence back.
- She took the dress back to the shop and tried to get her money back.
- Since leaving his job he's got a smile back on his face.
- After being dropped from the team, Smith is working hard to get his place back.