giggleverb [I]uk /ˈɡɪɡ.əl/ us /ˈɡɪɡ.əl/
- We giggled at the back of the room like naughty schoolchildren.
- I couldn't help giggling at the sight of Mum and Dad standing there, dripping wet.
- He was giggling uncontrollably and had to leave the room to pull himself together.
- When she suddenly started to sing, we all looked at each other and started to giggle.
- What are you giggling about? Have I said something funny?
gigglenounuk /ˈɡɪɡ.əl/ us /ˈɡɪɡ.əl/
giggle noun (LAUGHTER)
giggle noun (FUNNY SITUATION)