giveverbuk /ɡɪv/ us /ɡɪv/ gave, given
give verb (PROVIDE)
- Can you give any evidence to support your claim?
- I'm never going to guess the answer if you don't give me a clue.
- The letters that people wrote after his death gave me a lot of comfort.
- A loving family environment gives children that sense of stability and permanence which they need.
- I'm a bit wary of/about giving people my address when I don't know them very well.
give verb (CAUSE)
give verb (DO)
- (your) every move idiom
- act/do sth on your own responsibility idiom
- be up to sth idiom
- get around to sth
- give yourself over/up to sth
- go about sth
- go about your business idiom
- go through with sth
- talk the talk idiom
- up to
give verb (STRETCH)
give verb (DECIDE)