globenounuk /ɡləʊb/ us /ɡloʊb/
globe noun (WORLD)
- a circumnavigation of the globe from west to east
- The TV series continues its haphazard meander around the globe - this week it will be in Portugal.
- The surge in US share prices reverberated across the globe.
- Although she retired from politics five years ago, she still trots around the globe, giving speeches and meeting world leaders.
- This event will be watched by an estimated 20 million people around the globe.
globe noun (ROUND OBJECT)