— phrasal verb with go uk /ɡəʊ/ us /ɡoʊ/ verb present participle going, past tense went, past participle gone
We usually go away for the summer.
He goes away on business a lot.
- She's gone away for six months, but strangely/oddly/funnily enough , her boyfriend doesn't seem too unhappy about it.
- I really didn't want to go away this weekend but, oh well, it can't be helped.
- It's just possible that we might be going away that weekend.
- We left our dog in kennels when we went away on holiday.
- I really missed her when she went away.