— phrasal verb with go uk /ɡəʊ/ us /ɡoʊ/ verb present participle going, past tense went, past participle gone
B1 to return:
I'll have to go back for my umbrella.
When do you go back to school?
- After six months of chopping and changing, we've decided to go back to our old system.
- We realized we had taken the wrong road and had to go back.
- "I'm never going back to him," she said, setting her jaw firmly.
- Do you ever go back to any of our old stamping grounds?
- I'll just turn the car round and go back the way we've come.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words