godnoun [ C ]uk /ɡɒd/ us /ɡɑːd/
god noun [ C ] (SPIRIT)
- The site was named after a Norse god.
- Their sacred dance is performed to invoke ancient gods.
- The children enjoyed the stories about the gods and goddesses of Greek and Roman myth.
- The gods smiled on us and we had brilliant sunshine throughout the day.
- In the various regions of India, Hindus worship different gods and observe different religious festivals.
god noun [ C ] (ADMIRED PERSON)
god noun [ C ] (THEATRE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words