gold noun (METAL)
- She wears a gold cross round her neck.
- She was absolutely dripping with gold.
- Mr Graham was amazed to find 46 ancient gold coins inside the pot.
- It's not solid gold - it's just gilt.
- The bank holds large reserves of gold.
gold noun (MEDAL)
- She always does her presents up beautifully in gold and silver paper.
- She was wearing a gold Lurex top with a pink mini skirt.
- There are a couple of fish with blue markings, and a few more with gold stripes down the side.
- The ship's name was picked out in bright gold letters along her stern.
- In the afternoon the sun bathes the city in shades of pink and gold.