governornoun [ C ]uk /ˈɡʌv.ən.ər/ us /ˈɡʌv.ɚ.nɚ/ written abbreviation Gov.
the governor of Texas
- The governor exhorted the prisoners not to riot.
- The governor was looking for a fall guy to take the blame for the corruption scandal.
- The governor has denied making improper use of state money.
- The new state governor has promised to purge the police force of corruption.
- The headmistress agreed to recommend the teachers' proposals to the school governors.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: