graduatenoun [ C ]uk /ˈɡrædʒ.u.ət/ us /ˈɡrædʒ.u.ət/
a Cambridge graduate
Chris is a physics graduate.
a graduate of Yale
- We would prefer to fill the post with a recent graduate.
- A graduate of law and economics from Moscow State University, he had spent his life in academia.
- At present the organization has to rely on young, inexperienced graduates.
- Geography graduates are literate and numerate and have very good IT skills.
- There are numerous opportunities for young graduates.
graduate verb (EDUCATION)
Lorna graduated from Freiburg University.
graduate verb (PROGRESS)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words