grandadjectiveuk /ɡrænd/ us /ɡrænd/
grand adjective (IMPORTANT)
- The novel deals with grand themes, but is never heavy or pretentious.
- He's just reached the grand old age of 95.
- I was disappointed not to get the job, but it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.
- Present on this grand occasion were Andrew Davies, Melissa Peters and other such stars.
- None of his grand plans for a TV series ever came to fruition.
grand adjective (SPLENDID)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
grand adjective (EXCELLENT)
grandnoun [C]uk /ɡrænd/ us /ɡrænd/ plural grand
grand noun [C] (MONEY)
grand noun [C] (INSTRUMENT)