grandfathernoun [C]uk /ˈɡræn.fɑː.ðər/ us /ˈɡræn.fɑː.ðɚ/ (informal grandpa, grandad)
- She came into a bit of money when her grandfather died.
- My grandfather is getting old and can't hear very well.
- This pen that my grandfather gave me is one of my most treasured possessions.
- My grandfather has a profound mistrust of anything new or foreign.
- He said that he was going to stick with the traditions established by his grandfather.
- be sb's own flesh and blood idiom
- birth mother
- birth parent
- first cousin
- fraternal twin
- working mother/father/parent
- your nearest and dearest idiom
- your own flesh and blood idiom