grandparentnoun [C]uk /ˈɡræn.peə.rənt/ us /ˈɡræn.per.ənt/
- The children are very attached to their grandparents.
- My paternal grandparents were Irish.
- His visits gave his grandparents such pleasure.
- The children usually stay with their grandparents for a week in the summer.
- Her parents died when she was a baby and she was raised by her grandparents.
- be sb's own flesh and blood idiom
- birth mother
- birth parent
- first cousin
- fraternal twin
- working mother/father/parent
- your nearest and dearest idiom
- your own flesh and blood idiom