graspverb [T]uk /ɡrɑːsp/ us /ɡræsp/
grasp verb [T] (TAKE)
- She suddenly grasped my arm and looked at me.
- I grasped the gun with both hands and took aim.
- The baby stretched out a tiny hand and grasped my finger tightly.
- Feeling herself falling, she grasped the rail with both hands.
- The eagle swooped down and grasped the rabbit in its sharp talons.
grasp verb [T] (UNDERSTAND)
graspnounuk /ɡrɑːsp/ us /ɡræsp/
grasp noun (HOLD)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
grasp noun (UNDERSTANDING)