grow into sb/sth
— phrasal verb with grow uk /ɡrəʊ/ us /ɡroʊ/ verb grew, grown
- If you think of these children growing into adults who enjoy and appreciate classical music, then that repays our effort.
- She had grown from a shy teenager to a self-assured young woman.
- Your actions could prevent a silly disagreement growing into something more serious.
- It's fascinating a baby changing and growing into an independent individual.
- His early interest in music quickly grew into a lifelong passion.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words