guaranteenounuk /ˌɡær.ənˈtiː/ us /ˌɡer.ənˈtiː/
guaranteeverb [T]uk /ˌɡær.ənˈtiː/ us /ˌɡer.ənˈtiː/
guarantee verb [T] (PROMISE)
- Journalists may enter the danger zone but unfortunately we cannot guarantee their safety.
- The electricity company guarantees connection within 24 hours.
- The management guaranteed that outsourcing wouldn't mean job losses.
- The police have reassured witnesses who may be afraid to come forward that they will be guaranteed anonymity.
- I can guarantee that you will enjoy the film.
guarantee verb [T] (MAKE CERTAIN)