guiltnoun [ U ]uk /ɡɪlt/ us /ɡɪlt/
guilt noun [ U ] (FEELING)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
guilt noun [ U ] (RESPONSIBILITY)
- The police have no definitive proof of her guilt.
- The prosecution has to establish his guilt beyond any reasonable doubt.
- A jury should not interpret the silence of a defendant as a sign of guilt.
- Newly-discovered documents cast doubt on the guilt of the two men.
- With so little evidence to prove her guilt, few people thought she should be hanged for murder.