hallnoun [ C ]uk /hɔːl/ us /hɑːl/
hall noun [ C ] (ENTRANCE)
hall noun [ C ] (BUILDING)
the Royal Albert Hall
a concert hall
- The people at the back of the hall started jeering at the speaker.
- There's a big sports hall for tennis and badminton and such like.
- The presentation of prizes and certificates will take place in the main hall.
- The children funnelled along the corridor into the school hall.
- The new concert hall seats 1500 people.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: