handlenoun [C]uk us /ˈhæn.dəl/
handle noun [C] (PART)
handleverbuk us /ˈhæn.dəl/
handle verb (DEAL WITH)
- This is a very delicate situation and it needs to be handled sensitively.
- Only some of the bank's lending operations are handled directly by the manager.
- The president has been criticized for the way he has handled the whole affair.
- The customer services department handles any customer complaints.
- So far, he seems to be handling the job well, but it's really too soon to judge.
handle verb (TOUCH)
handle verb (OPERATE)
- balance of power
- have sb by the balls idiom
- have sb eating out of your hand idiom
- have sb in the palm of your hand idiom
- have sth in hand idiom
- pull rank idiom
- pull the strings idiom