happyadjectiveuk us /ˈhæp.i/
happy adjective (PLEASED)
- Childhood is not always a happy time.
- If there's anything you don't understand, I'll be happy to explain.
- They had a long and happy marriage.
- The staff are not very happy about the latest pay increase.
- It was clear that he wasn't happy with the arrangements, so I tried to book a different hotel.
- (as) pleased as Punch idiom
- be as high as a kite idiom
- be dancing in the streets idiom
- be floating on air idiom
- be full of the joys of spring idiom
- be in seventh heaven idiom
- jump for joy idiom
- look/feel like a million dollars idiom
- loved up
happy adjective (GREETING)
happy adjective (LUCKY)
happy adjective (SUITABLE)