hardadjectiveuk /hɑːd/ us /hɑːrd/
hard adjective (SOLID)
hard adjective (DIFFICULT)
- I found it hard to follow what the teacher was saying, and eventually I lost concentration.
- The exam is so hard that only 5% of all applicants pass.
- It was hard to be angry with him when he looked so penitent.
- They find it hard to live on their state pension.
- Ending a relationship is always hard but in this case it's for the best.
- The teacher found it hard to keep her class in order.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
hard adjective (USING EFFORT)
hard adjective (SEVERE)
hard adjective (ALCOHOL)
hard adjective (WATER)
hard adjective (CLEAR)
hard adjective (WEATHER)
hardadverbuk /hɑːd/ us /hɑːrd/
hard adverb (USING EFFORT)
hard adverb (WEATHER)