hardwarenoun [ U ]uk /ˈhɑːd.weər/ us /ˈhɑːrd.wer/
hardware noun [ U ] (COMPUTER)
- Much of our existing military hardware is obsolescent.
- The machine allows multitasking without the need to buy extra hardware.
- The thieves stole thousands of pounds worth of computer hardware.
- The cost of computer hardware has fallen in the last ten years.
- All the old hardware has been dumped into a skip.
hardware noun [ U ] (TOOLS)
hardware noun [ U ] (MILITARY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: