harmonynounuk /ˈhɑː.mə.ni/ us /ˈhɑːr.mə.ni/
harmony noun (MUSIC)
- It's thrilling to hear the four-part harmony, with the voices perfectly balanced.
- We need a few people in the congregation to sing the harmonies and not just the simple hymn tune.
- She played the tune on the flute and I did some harmonies on the piano.
- The modern generation of composers discarded traditional ideas of melody and harmony.
- His music is known for its clashing discords, but at the end of this piece he gives us a rare passage of pure harmony.
harmony noun (MATCH)