harsh adjective (UNKIND)
- The harsh light revealed every crevice and wrinkle in his face.
- In a harsh economic climate, raises for teachers have become a lightning rod for criticism.
- The book confronts the harsh social and political realities of the world today.
- The prison sentence seemed rather harsh, considering the triviality of the offence.
- The people rebelled against the harsh new government.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: