headachenoun [ C ]uk /ˈhed.eɪk/ us /ˈhed.eɪk/
headache noun [ C ] (PAIN)
- I tried taking tablets for the headache but they didn't have any effect.
- It's an extremely effective cure for a headache.
- I had a terrible headache, but even so I went to the concert.
- She didn't want to go out, so she faked a headache.
- He's got a headache and a slight fever.
headache noun [ C ] (DIFFICULTY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a (heavy) cross to bear idiom
- a bitter pill (to swallow) idiom
- a hard/tough nut to crack idiom
- hot potato
- the chill wind of sth idiom
- the hard way idiom
- the sharp end
- the/a devil of a sth idiom
- thorn in your flesh/side idiom