heavilyadverbuk us /ˈhev.ɪ.li/
heavily adverb (TO A GREAT DEGREE)
- Estimates of the amount of money needed to decontaminate the heavily polluted chemical installations vary.
- The country depends heavily on foreign aid.
- It had snowed heavily during the night and in the morning the garden was a white fairyland.
- The forest has been so heavily logged that it is in danger of disappearing.
- When I saw him after the accident he was still in shock and was heavily sedated.
heavily adverb (WEIGHT)
heavily adverb (DIFFICULT)
heavily adverb (SOLID)